UTQG: 0, SPEED RATING: T, CLASS: XL,
The Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9: a studded winter tire built to handle even the most brutal cold of the Arctic Circle.
Nokian Hakkapeliitta 9 Studded Features
Planning an expedition to the North Pole? Probably not, but you'll still need the right rubber to help you get through the winter. Engineered with cutting-edge technology developed in the northern reaches of Scandinavia, Hakka 9 tires feature multiple stud types, which produce multi-direction grip on ice.
What does that mean for you?
It means maximum traction on the slickest winter driving surfaces. But don't go thinking that these studs are going to give you all traction and zero comfort. Nokian designed the Hakkapeliitta 9 with their Eco Stud cushion, which dampens overall road contact. Not only does this reduce ride discomfort and noise levels, it also helps preserve the roads you drive on. That means you get peerless winter traction without the harshness or road damage normal studded can cause.
Other performance features of the Hakkapeliitta 9 studded snow tire include:
- Snow Grip Booster technology that features cuts on middle tread blocks, adding sharp edges that grip when fresh powder coats the road ahead.
- Staying flexible as the cold closes in, the eco-friendly Green Elasto Proof tread compound ensures excellent grip on ice and snow.
- 3D self-locking sipes open up under linear force to grip on ice and in snow and water, but latch together when cornering for responsive handling maneuvers.
- High Tensile Steel structure provides reduced rolling resistance while heightening handling precision.
- Thanks to its innovative design and competent winter performance, this tire is b